The Toledo Bend Lake Association Lunker Bass Replica Program is designed to encourage the return of trophy fish to the wild. The purpose of this program is to reward anglers a replica bass for catching and releasing their Toledo Bend Lunker back to the lake so it may spawn more potential little Lunkers.
TBLA provides an angler a free fiberglass replica for any bass weighing 10 pounds or more, provided the following rules are met:
- Fish must weigh a minimum of 10 lbs.
- Fish must be legally caught in Toledo Bend Reservoir by sporting means; for example, rod and reel, pole and hook. A fish caught by hand line, set line, net, trap, seine or snagging is not eligible.
- Fish must be weighed on an ASGS certified scale at one of the following locations or weighed on certified scales during a fishing tournament held on Toledo Bend Reservoir.
- Toledo Town and Tackle at the intersection LA 191 and LA 6; Phone: 318-256-5613
- Huxley Bay Marina, FM 2694, Shelbyville, TX; Phone: 936-368-2494
- Newell's Fishing World, 140 Newell Loop, Milam, TX; Phone: 409-625-4928 or Gary at 936-332-4399
- Fin & Feather, 245 Fin & Feather Drive, Hemphill, TX; Phone: 877-217-7999
- Buckeye Landing, 268 Buckeye Lane, Many, LA; Phone: 318-508-2971 or 318-508-2970
4. Anglers must present their legal fishing license or proof of exemption to the witness at the time of weighing.
- Angler must agree to release the live fish to the official weigh station to be released back into the lake.
- A designated witness at one of the above locations must verify and attest to the weight of fish and the live release of fish back into Toledo Bend Reservoir.
- A fisherman receiving a replica as part of tournament winnings will not be awarded a duplicate replica.
- Always wet your hands before handling and transferring the fish.
- Avoid holding fish vertically by the lower lip.
- Use both hands, with one hand firmly grasping the lower jaw and the other supporting the weight just behind the belly. Or use a knotless, fine mesh, soft net or plastic weigh bag to transfer the fish.
- If possible, do not hold fish out of water longer than 30 seconds.
- Transfer the fish to a well-aerated live well or Igloo cooler, out of direct sunlight.
- Go immediately to an official TBLA designated weigh station to have your fish weighed.
Replicas are distributed every year at the McDonald's Big Bass Splash at Cypress Bend Park and recipients are encouraged to attend the awards ceremony. For more information about the program, please visit http://www.toledobendlakeassociation.com